Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates is hiring a Marketing Manager
An award-winning live event, national radio show, podcast and thriving digital brand, Intelligence Squared U.S. is seeking a Marketing Manager to manage multiple social channels. Candidate must possess social media fluency and be an avid consumer of current affairs and politics.
You are a voracious consumer of media: from podcasts on tech and futurism to the daily news cycle in politics, to longform content on YouTube, to the latest trends on social media. You are eager to learn, comfortable with finding your own solutions, and able to hold your own in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate lives and breathes social media, and has experience working with news organizations or a media company. You are excited about working on a small team and on a project that is benefiting Americans everywhere.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO
- Write and produce digital and social media content for daily distribution, leading to increases in followers, engagement, and site referrals on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Daily Posting: 3 Posts on Facebook, 1 on Instagram, and 10 Tweets.
- Contribute to live event coverage on social media.
- Monitor trending social and search topics, pitching relevant stories for social engagement.
- Proactively build contacts and outreach on social channels, engaging potential journalists, viewers, and other interested parties.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a social media or marketing role at a media organization.
- Self-starter that is comfortable trying new things, quick at learning, and able to proactively identify new opportunities - even if it’s not something you necessarily know how to do (yet).
- Highly organized individual with the ability to manage multiple tasks, strategically prioritize them, and analyze opportunities to make recommendations on approaches.
- Engaged in the latest trends on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Strong online writing skills and a fluency in social media platforms required.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Appetite for digital strategy, design, and technology.
- Hands-on experience with Adobe Suite preferred.
- Knowledge and proven success using paid social on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required.
A non-partisan, non-profit organization, Intelligence Squared U.S. was founded in 2006 to address a fundamental problem in America: the extreme polarization of our nation and our politics. Our mission is to restore critical thinking, facts, reason, and civility to American public discourse. The award-winning debate series reaches over 30 million American households through multi-platform distribution, including radio, television, live streaming, podcasts, interactive digital content, and on-demand apps on Roku and Apple TV. With 155 debates and counting, Intelligence Squared U.S. continues to bring the world’s thought leaders to the stage on a wide range of topics.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits including Medical and Dental
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to IQ2HR@hr-consulting-group.com with the subject line "Marketing Manager."