More praise for IQ2 US
“It's a real public service to have debates that bring top-tier participants together and add the sizzle of prize fight competition to a discussion of issues of first-order importance.”
- The Atlantic
America Should be the World's Policeman
From the Panel
For: Max Boot
- Going It Alone Because We Have To
- Max Boot, Los Angeles Times February 28, 2007
- Nearly all the major U.S. allies are disarming themselves, which leaves the U.S. acting alone out of necessity.
- Wilsonian – That’s Us
Max Boot, Los Angeles Times October 11, 2006
- Wilson was not the first president to inject idealism and interventionism into our foreign policy.
- America’s Destiny is to Police the World
Max Boot, Financial Times February 18, 2003
- The United States is obligated to police the world because no one else will do the job.
For: Michael Mandelbaum
- David’s Friend Goliath
Michael Mandelbaum, Foreign Policy January 4, 2006
- The world’s guilty secret is that it likes the security and stability provided by the United States.
For: Douglas Murray
- Mission Distorted
Douglas Murray, Guardian October 31, 2006
- Neoconservatives supported the invasion of Iraq – but if it fails, it will be Iraq that suffers.
- Against Relativism
Peter Berkowitz, Weekly Standard April 1, 2007
- In the face of an increasingly multipolar world, Western leaders must continue to promote both respectfor human rights and also the state’s legitimate monopoly on political violence.
- Here’s How the World Works
Damien Thompson, Daily Telegraph September 30, 2006
- An explanation of Ian Bremmer’s “J curve,” which tracks the fall and rise of nations as they open up to democracy and the markets.